- Event Ticket Only
- Ticket for 12th October Event at Mono. No physical ticket needed- your name will be on the door!
- Signed Hardback + Event Ticket
- Signed Hardback with Mix CD + Ticket for 12th October Event at Mono. No physical ticket needed- your name will be on the door!
- Indie Stores Deluxe Edition, signed + Mix CD
- Signed & slipcase with exclusive colourway. Plus, bonus hardback folio ‘Photographic Evidence’, featuring previously unseen photographs from throughout the band’s career. With Monorail Exclusive Mix CD
- STD Hardback, Signed + Mix CD
- Hardback edition, signed with Monorail Exclusive Mix CD
Please note: the Standard Edition with Mix CD is delayed until 5TH OCTOBER and the Indies Only Edition with Mix CD is delayed until 18th OCTOBER.
We’re excited to announce our launch event for Spaceships Over Glasgow: In Conversation with Stuart Braithwaite and David Keenan, on October 12th, 7pm Doors at Mono. Get your tickets or book + ticket bundles here.
Born the son of Scotland’s last telescope-maker, Stuart Braithwaite was perhaps always destined for a life of psychedelic adventuring on the furthest frontiers of noise in MOGWAI, one of the best loved and most groundbreaking post-rock bands of the past three decades.
Modestly delinquent at school, Stuart developed an early appetite for ‘alternative’ music in what might arguably be described as its halcyon days, the late 80s. Discovering bands like Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, and Jesus and Mary Chain, and attending seminal gigs (often incongruously incognito as a young girl with long hair to compensate for his babyface features) by The Cure and Nirvana, Stuart compensated for his indifference to school work with a dedication to rock and roll … and of course the fledgling hedonism that comes with it.
After an initial outing in the unfortunately (and provocatively named), Pregnant Nun, Stuart – alongside teenage friends Dominic Aitchison and Martin Bulloch – upgrades the band name to MOGWAI. They release their first single ‘Tuner/Lower’ in 1996. Championed by the legendary John Peel, and making a name for themselves for tinnitus-inducing live shows, MOGWAI’S subsequent single ‘Summer’ is named Single of the Week in NME. Their first album, Mogwai Young Team, follows to significant critical acclaim.
Spaceships Over Glasgow is a lovesong to live rock and roll; to the passionate abandon we’ve all felt in the crowd (and some of us, if lucky enough, from the stage) at a truly incendiary rock and roll show. It is also the story of a life lived on the edge; of the high-times and hazardous pit-stops of international touring with a band of misfits and miscreants.
Spaceships Over Glasgow – Stuart Braithwaite has been added to your bag.